Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Looking for Something Unique? How About a Wearable Potted Plant?

You know how it goes.  You're sitting at your kitchen/computer/sewing table (in my case, the same table serves all three purposes), staring limpidly at your laptop, wondering "how is it that I have ever, ever managed to think of anything to write in the past?" and then a little idea seems to materialize from absolutely nowhere: "I wonder if it is possible to wear plants as a garment?"

Well, my thought wasn't from nowhere.  There are 15 plants in my kitchen and living room right now, breathing my air.  A quick search revealed that there are currently no living garments available on the market, however there are some lovely living jewelry options, both on Etsy.

Coleen Jordan has the good fortune of being the top search result for wearable plants for several dozen Google pages,  and no wonder!  Check out what she has done and buy, people, buy, buy, buy!

Wearable Planter No. 3 - Translucent - $30

I'm not sure what is more exciting about Jordan's planter - that it allows me to take my salad with me around my neck, or that she made it via a 3D printer, which is the coolest damned gadget I've ever wanted to own.

If you're looking for some earrings to go with your potted necklace, look no further than Warm Country Meadows' moss terrarium earrings.

Moss Terrarium Earrings - $18

Even if you don't feel like purchasing any new and unusual jewelry these days, put a flower in your hair and embrace spring (which in Seattle is cold, gray, and wet), new life, and this amazing, fragile planet.

 - PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment