Saturday, February 12, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Craft Craft Sale

Looky what I got!  Stunning pillow cover by Soraam


Hey, guess what?  I get all of my holiday shopping done in October.  Sometimes people say "wow!  you're really on top of things!"  Actually no, I am not at all on top of things. Three unfinished dresses are sitting on top of my sewing machine, the dishes are desperately trying to scrub yesterday's breakfast off of themselves in the sink, and I can't find the remote control because it's somewhere on the couch...underneath a wool blanket, annual taxes paperwork that I finished two weeks ago, a stack of Vogue magazines, two leather jackets, and a sleeping tabby cat.  I get my shopping done in October because I like to shop.  Buy.  Spend.  Using others as an excuse for me to fling handfuls of money away with a twinkle in my eye just makes me feel better about myself. 

"Why are you telling me all of this?" you ask.

Because, it's important to remember that shopping local is SUPER easy when you've got nothing else to do, and after all, hey! it's February!  Shop local during the holidays? It's hard to find the time.  Shop local when the sloppy Seattle rain is blowing at your house sideways and the heavy gloom makes you want to write and self publish your own poetry? Easy!  All of these reasons (and dish-washing avoidance) is why I attended the tiniest craft show I have ever seen today in South Lake Union.  My momma's birthday is coming up, and since I know she never reads my blog I can confidently announce that I bought her a pretty little necklace from Madeline and Francine, and a cute little salt shaker vase of button flowers thingy by Wanna B Rock Star so she will always have something to keep her chipper.  For my husband I got this gorgeous pillow cover by Soraam...because he loves home decorating... and as a little pressie for myself (a reward for shopping local), I picked up this large sachet filled with cloves, lavender, and cedar from Sunday Drive Designs to keep my unmeantionables smelling dreamy. 

And what did YOU do today?

 - PJ

1 comment: