Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ruffing It.



In the interest of full disclosure, I have never worn a neck ruff before, but I think I am about to start - after all, I never make anything for Poor Jean that I wouldn't wear in public! These collars are a fantastic way to keep warm while wearing a strapless dress, fancy up a t-shirt and jeans, or to add a little flair to your every day office attire. In the late spring they fend off the cool of the evening, and in the fall they artfully cover up whatever the collar of your sweater can't. Check out these great ruffs that I found on Etsy...

I love the beautifully crafted Cartwheel ruff No. 1, by Artlab , the velvet ribbon on the Mabel 1, by Misfitchic, and the crocheted layers of the Exponential Neck Ruffle by fringe.  These are some of the more voluptuous ruffs for sale, but this neck accoutrement can also be very delicate, such as the Madame du Barry ruff by Viennalarouge and the Black Net Neck Ruffle by waywardseamstress.

So far, Poor Jean's ruffs are a bit more casual.  These are accessories that you could actually pair with jeans and a pair of ballet flats.  Check out the Plain Jane Ruff, and the Royal Hops Ruff at Poor Jean.

 - PJ

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including my Exponential Neck Ruffle in with such talented people. I'm honored! I must say, I have a slight ruff obsession. Ok, possibly more than "slight".

    I'm happy to be your first blog follower too...yay!

    Thank you again for includng me in your very first post. What a thrill!

    xo,
    Dennice

    ReplyDelete